samedi 30 mai 2015

Tiger I Mid Production - Assembly

Hi Friends ! Here's my new project on the workbench : the quite old Tamiya kit (1995) of the Tiger I (SdKfz. 181) ausf. E (Mid Production). I've added some upgrades to improve or correct the details.

Items used :
  • Tamiya Tiger I (Mid Production) kit 35194
  • Tamiya stickers coating sheet of zimmerit
  • Photoetched from Eduard and ET Models
  • Barrel 8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56 from RB Model
  • MG 34 from RB Model
  • Towing cables from Eureka XXL (ER-3502)
  • tracks from AFV Club (AF 35093)
  • accessories from several brands
Let's go for the pictures.

The wheels, exhaust covers and tracks will be added after the painting stages.

Notice about the zimmerit stickers from Tamiya :
It's very easy and quick to apply on this Tamiya model. There are two coating patterns for the turret (the "normal" as I used and the "wide groved" pattern as we can see on some original pictures of Tigers tanks. I'm very statisfied with the result and it's quite realistic, beter than the hand made pattern seen on most of models. I've choised to make a "not yet damaged" pattern but it's quite easy to create battered areas with a sharp blade cutter. The tickness of the plastic stickers sheet is in my opinion quite accurate.
 The model is now ready for the painting ... It will comes very soon !